Create an Oil Pastel In the style of Dutch Artist Vincent Van Gogh!
Watch and Produce Your Own Masterpiece
in 4 Step-By-Step Lessons with Master Artist Pat Knepley!
SUNFLOWERS is the ninth in a series of ART PROJECTS that advance skills and learning as students complete wonderful works of art in the style of a variety of famous artists.
SUNFLOWERS includes an in-depth Art History focus on the style of Vincent Van Gogh, explores related Art Elements and Art Principles, and uses a variety of media. Biblical integration is woven into every single lesson!
SUNFLOWERS is geared for ages 10 +. The 4 lesson DVD runs approximately 2 hours, but the student should allow approximately 3 to 4 hours to complete this fabulous work of art!
Synopsis of each lesson:
1. Plan the Composition and First Layer of Color (26 minutes)
2. Detail the Petals and Leaves (25 minutes)
3. Fill in the Negative Space (26 minutes)
4. Value Changes for Shadows and Highlights (23 minutes)
Materials Needed to Complete the Project
• An 11" by 14" piece of pastel or charcoal paper - tan, grey or light blue
• Set of oil pastels (at least 24)
• Stack of paper towels or paper napkins
• Several artificial sunflowers
• Baby wipes to clean hands