In the style of Edgar Degas!
Watch and Produce Your Own Masterpiece
in 4 Step-By-Step Lessons with Master Artist Pat Knepley!
HORSING AROUND is the seventh in a series of ART PROJECTS that advance skills and learning as students complete wonderful works of art in the style of a variety of famous artists.
HORSING AROUND includes an in-depth Art History focus on the style of Edgar Degas, explores related Art Elements and Art Principles, and uses a variety of media. Biblical integration is woven into every single lesson!
HORSING AROUND is geared for ages 10 +. The 4 lesson DVD runs approximately 2 hours, but the student should allow approximately 3 to 4 hours to complete this fabulous work of art!
Synopsis of each lesson:
1. Draw the Horse with Basic Shapes (30 minutes)
2. Lay the Base Colors with Chalk Pastels (27 minutes)
3. Add Layers of Pastel for Realistic Horses (40 minutes)
4. Layer in the Fields of Color (23 minutes)
Materials Needed to Complete the Project
• An 11 by 14 piece of pastel or charcoal paper in tan, grey, light blue or pale green -- not white!
• Set of chalk pastels (at least 16)
• Old rag, dampened
• Cheap aerosol hairspray
• White eraser