Create a paper collage in the style of French artist Henri Rousseau!
Watch and Produce Your Own Masterpiece
in 4 Step-By-Step Lessons with Master Artist Pat Knepley!
PAPER JUNGLE is the fourth in a series of ART PROJECTS that advance skills and learning as students complete wonderful works of art in the style of a variety of famous artists.
PAPER JUNGLE includes an in-depth Art History focus on the style of Henri Rousseau, explores related Art Elements and Art Principles, and uses a variety of media. Biblical integration is woven into every single lesson!
PAPER JUNGLE is geared for ages 10 +. The 4 lesson DVD runs approximately 1 ½ hours, but the student should allow approximately 3 to 4 hours to complete this fabulous work of art!
Synopsis of each lesson:
1. Background: Cutting Trees (22 minutes)
2. Foreground: Grass and Leaf Shapes (27 minutes)
3. Focal Points: Flora and Fauna (26 minutes)
4. The Final Step: Overlapping and Gluing (25 minutes)
Materials Needed to Complete the Project
• A package of 9”x12” multiple color construction paper – 1 purple, 1 blue, 3 green, 1 yellow, 1 brown, 1 red, 1 orange, 1 black
• Several sheets of scrapbooking papers that are patterned and green – all different
• A bottle of white glue or heavy-duty glue stick
• Black fine Sharpie marker
• White eraser
• Sample leaves to study various shapes
• A magazine or Internet photo of one wild animal (ex. tiger, monkey, lion, elephant, gorilla)