In the style of Winslow Homer!
Watch and Produce Your Own Masterpiece
in 4 Step-By-Step Lessons with Master Artist Pat Knepley!
PEACEFUL SEAS is the eighth in a series of ART PROJECTS that advance skills and learning as students complete wonderful works of art in the style of a variety of famous artists.
PEACEFUL SEAS includes an in-depth Art History focus on the style of Winslow Homer, explores related Art Elements and Art Principles, and uses a variety of media. Biblical integration is woven into every single lesson!
PEACEFUL SEAS is geared for ages 10 +. The 4 lesson DVD runs approximately 2 hours, but the student should allow approximately 3 to 4 hours to complete this fabulous work of art!
Synopsis of each lesson:
1. Set the Scene and Basic Wash (32 minutes)
2. Beach Foreground with Salt and Plastic Bag Techniques (20 minutes)
3. Creating the Water in Watercolor (26 minutes)
4. Final Details of Boat and Shore (20 minutes)
Materials Needed to Complete the Project
• An 11" by 14" piece of watercolor paper
• Set of pan watercolors
• Set of chalk pastels (at least white, light blue)
• Several sizes of round watercolor brushes
• Table salt
• 6" x 6" square, cut from a plastic bag
• Waxy coated paper plates
• White eraser