Create a fruit still life in the style of French artist Georges Seurat!
Watch and Produce Your Own Masterpiece
in 4 Step-By-Step Lessons with Master Artist Pat Knepley!
POINTILLISM FRUIT is the fourth in a series of ART PROJECTS that advance skills and learning as students complete wonderful works of art in the style of a variety of famous artists.
POINTILLISM FRUIT includes an in-depth Art History focus on the style of Georges Seurat, explores related Art Elements and Art Principles, and uses a variety of media. Biblical integration is woven into every single lesson!
POINTILLISM FRUIT is geared for ages 10 +. The 4 lesson DVD runs approximately 1 ½ hours, but the student should allow approximately 3 to 4 hours to complete this fabulous work of art!
Synopsis of each lesson:
1. Color Theory and Initial Drawing (21 minutes)
2. Lay down Base Color with Dots (24 minutes)
3. Optical Color Mixing with More Dots (25 minutes)
4. Highlights and Shadows for Finished Still Life (26 minutes)
Materials Needed to Complete the Project
• An 11”x14” sheet white Bristol board (or poster board)
• Small craft acrylic paints in pure hues – white, yellow, orange, red, green, blue, purple
• 3 pieces of fruit (real or fake) – red apple, yellow banana, green pear, or an orange
• 50 clean cotton swabs
• Several waxy coated white paper plates
• Paper towels
• A pencil
• A white eraser