Create an abstract flower in the style of American artist Georgia O'Keeffe!
Watch and Produce Your Own Masterpiece in 4 Step-By-Step Lessons with Master Artist Pat Knepley!
POPPY COLLAGE is the fifth in a series of ART PROJECTS that advance skills and learning as students complete wonderful works of art in the style of a variety of famous artists.
POPPY COLLAGE includes an in-depth Art History focus on the style of Georgia O'Keeffe, explores related Art Elements and Art Principles, and uses a variety of media. Biblical integration is woven into every single lesson!
POPPY COLLAGE is geared for ages 10 +. The 4 lesson DVD runs approximately 1 ½ hours, but the student should allow approximately 3 to 4 hours to complete this fabulous work of art!
Synopsis of each lesson:
1. The Abstracted Flower Drawing
2. Tissue Paper Collage Technique
3. Layering Translucent Hues
4. Final Details to Create Interest
Materials Needed to Complete the Project
• A 14”x14” sheet white Bristol board (or poster board)
• A flower with 4 to 6 simple petals – ex. poppy, New Guinea impatiens, hibiscus
• Sheets of colored art tissue paper – various shades of yellow, orange, and red
• Newspaper or old tablecloth to protect table
• Scrap paper
• A bowl
• Paper plates
• White school glue
• A pencil
• A white eraser